This Blowtorch line amplifier was designed and hand made by John Curl. The have the similar circuit designs of SCP2 Phono Amplifier. I can not read from the picture but it seems that the dual FET was made by sticking two P and N channel FET transistor back to back with Epoxy. That is what I guess only because I have not seen the actual amplifier myself. I have talked with John Curl that he has no stock on hand, his dealer has stock for sales .It is USD$10,000.00. The wires are all extremely expensive Silver single strand wire. A perfect layout, separate power supply. I am afraid that is the world quietest Phono Amplifier.
If you have a tight budget, try this Halo JC3
Parasound the Halo Series JC 3
John Curl - Parasound's chief amplifier circuit designer - has created several truly exceptional products. His Vendetta Research SCP2B is still considered among the very best phono preamps ever brought to market. His latest masterpiece - the Halo JC 3 - is a dual mono phono preamp built with ultra high quality parts and the typical built-like-a-tank Parasound construction.
Each channel on the JC 3 is housed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure, isolated from the power supply with 3/8-inch-thick low carbon mild steel partitions. Ya think they went the extra mile to ensure a black-as-night background?
As Parasound President Richard Schram told The Absolute Sound: "Curl's Vendetta was so good that it was almost magical, but each one was essentially hand made, and would probably cost over $8,000 to build today. Now, Parasound has a new design that draws from the same creative genius while offering amazingly high performance from each piece we produce."
How's about these for some impressive specs and features:
- Designed by legendary John Curl - renowned designer of Vendetta Research phono preamp.- Unbalanced inputs and outputs use Vampire RCA jacks; balanced outputs are Neutrix XLR jacks
- MM 47 k Ω, MC 100 Ω or 47 k Ω; (47 k Ω is also ideal for Statement Series Grado moving iron cartridges)
- S/N 83 dB MM; 73 dB MC
- RIAA accurate within 0.2 dB
- Audio path resistors are exclusively Vishay-Dale
- Triple shielding; low carbon mild steel partitions isolate the power supplies & AC wires
- Dual mono design; each channel is separately enclosed in its own extruded aluminum enclosure
- Separate high speed-soft recovery rectifiers, filter caps and voltage regulators for each channel
- Low emission R-core power transformer
- Mono can be selected to improve sound of mono or older recordings
- Built-in AC line conditioner to prevent AC noise from entering the set
- AC polarity reverse switch can reduce hum in many systems
- Non-magnetic aluminum rear panel for purest sound
- Turn On Options switch: manual or auto with 12v trigger input
Halo3 is selling on line at US$2,350.00!